Friday 21 December 2012

and a wreath of leftovers

Homemade Wreath

I have decided to be more of a crafty person. I have been slowly experimenting and trying out new things. We are decorating our office space for an inter office Christmas decoration competition and after seeing lots of homemade wreaths, I thought that I would give it a go!


I started by printing a doughnut shape on some white paper in a pale red colour and then glued this to some cardboard and cut the doughnut shape out.
Doughnut

I dug out my old wrapping paper and some off cuts I wouldn't use again. I then cut long strips of paper at different widths, between around 4cm and 7cm.

I then folded them back and forth over themselves to create a concertina.

Start folding

Tape together

I then taped it closed around the middle and then folded it over and glued it to form a fan.

Fan

I then glued each one down so that the patterned side of the paper was at the top.

First one down




I continued on until the whole wreath was covered then attached the wreath to the door in my office.
You could attach ribbon to the back so that it hung from a hook.


 
Finished wreath

I then forgot to take a photo of it in place. People with more talent then me at craft may wish to create a pattern or at least have a colour theme. I think this is a good start for me. Hopefully next year I will be creating more Christmas decorations for my house and my office.
If anyone else has some simple Christmas craft ideas I may like, please let me know.

Until next time.
Love, love Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...