Saturday 6 October 2012

and Rockpool - Crown Perth

and too full to sleep
Rockpool - Crown Perth

So we had a fairly successful dining experience at Rockpool and I am too full to sleep. We had a late reservation at 8.30 and we left after 11. I ate, like always, far too much and I am in a fair bit of pain. I am sitting here resting and drinking a large glass of water. So I thought I'd post my meal and a few other things while I waited for my stomach to settle.

Starters - Charcoal Roast Chorizo, Potato and White Beans

Main - Pulled Jarrahdene Pork Pie with Parsnip Puree and Chipotle Sauce 


Dessert - Peanut, Caramel Chocolate Tart with Milk Ice Cream

Tea with caramel popcorn

Me - We struggled to get good lighting inside the hotel. Petra Venessie dress.

I also ordered a side of Charcoal Oven Roast Pumpkin and Sweet Potato with Burnt Butter and Garlic Yoghurt and shared it with the table along with a lot of other sides. So as you can see, I have eaten a lot. I also had a couple of drinks. The first was a Montenegro Crusta - Montenegro, Apricot Brandy, White Wine Syrup, Peach Bitters, Fresh Lemon Juice, Orange Sugar Rim. It was so delicious and fruity. The seond one I ordered was a Violet Blazer - Zacapa 23 Rum, Crème De Mure, Crème Yvette, Spice Syrup and Strawberries. After I ordered the Violet Blazer the waitress came back and asked if I wanted to see it being made. Myself and two other guests went and sat at the bar and watched the barman light my drink on fire and then pour it from one jug to another about 10 or so times. It looked like a stream of running blue flames. I then took the drink back to our booth and waited for it to cool a little before I drank it. It was so yummy and reminded me of mulled wine.

After dinner we went up to the room the birthday boy was staying in (another part of his birthday surprise) and rested there for a bit. The room was really well decorated and had only been recently renovated.

Here is a picture of my boyfriends cocktail.

Pimm’s Winter Pot - Pimm’s No.1, Appleton V/X Rum, English Breakfast Tea, Citrus and Apple, Falernum and Spiced Syrup.

It was such a cute and delicious drink. I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Rockpool even if my meal costed more than my weekly food shopping bill. 


 Well I think I am going to finish my water, brush my teeth and head to bed.

Good night!
Love, love Elle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...