Friday 7 September 2012

and 10 it is



THE NEW 31 DAY FASHION BLOGGER CHALLENGE!


Well it's day 10 of the blogger challenge. Today's post is about 'Cute Tights'. I left work early today and went to The Naked Fig in Swanbourne for High Tea this afternoon with a friend and some of her work colleges. The cafe is in an amazing location and the food is superb. But you constantly get the feeling of being abandoned. You need to search for waiters and then try and get their attention so you can ask for anything. We wanted to order some more tea and I asked a passing waiter if I could order some. I thought he was going to head off and get his note pad to take our order but instead he just assumed that we wanted the same as before. Luckily when I stopped another waiter to find out if they were going to take our orders we worked out what had happened and they changed the order. I have been there once before for breakfast earlier in the year and I felt the same abandonment plus your table is never ready. 

Swanbourne

The Naked Fig

The chandelier above our table

But I digress. The point of the story was that I had planned to wear cute tights with the lace dress I was wearing but when I tried the dress on I felt it was too short for what I wanted and changed to pants.

So here are examples of the tights I was going to wear. I didn't know which. I was leaning towards the stripy one. They are two of my favourite tights.

Both from Target

Target have some really funky tights and stockings at the moment. No matter what happens in fashion I will always love tights. Not only can they add sophistication or quirkiness to an outfit, or change an outfit from something bland to funky, they can also hide a magnitude of sins. I am ridiculously clumsy. I currently have a massive bruise on my left knee and my left calf at them moment from walking into things. 


That is the dress I was going to wear the tights with. But I just wasn't in the mood for a short dress. Maybe when it's a little warmer. Although today was a stunning Spring day. This dress is one of the reasons I want mint green ballet flats.

Until next time,
Love, love Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...